Greetings from Bike Breaks
No one has been unaffected by the pandemic. Like many others, we have lost relatives, our friends, clients, and staff have suffered illness and business has ground to a halt.
While we have been allowed to let some of our staff return to our office so we can begin to try to create some order our shop is still not permitted to open to the public for the foreseeable future, but we have some glimmer of hope.
Understandably, many have asked for refunds- the inability to travel, uncertainty over the economy and the continuing spread of the virus make any planning difficult if not impossible. Regrettably, we are simply unable to offer any refunds at the moment. We ask for patience so that we have an opportunity to rebuild our business. We know many are in the same horrible situation and hope you understand the exceptionally challenging position in which we find ourselves.
In time and with some recovery, we want to make all our clients whole through a combination of rebooking, special offers through our online shop, and in exceptional situations- on a case by case basis, some refunds at a later date.
We have provisionally reopened the rental calender again for later in the year and we will now work on changing our clients bookings.
We want to hear from you –if you can change your dates we can plan for this. And those who have already emailed asking for news dates will get a reply as soon as we can. Girona is a year round destination so as soon as you can get back we can get you out riding.
We are lucky to have been able to show so many people the amazing place for cycling that Girona is and feel fortunate to have been a small part of so many wonderful experiences people have had here.
The many messages of support and offers of help have humbled us. We are so grateful for this and it keeps our spirits buoyed and more determined than ever to restart our business.
We will rebuild and I hope, in near future offer the same awesome Girona experience that so many (including us…!) are missing, and indeed in need of, now more than ever…
We have now formulated the following recovery plan for all our clients ( and staff and owners…!)
- Online shop – During the lock down here we were unable to even enter our shop or warehouse. We are now able to get in and the online shop is up and running with many unique items and bargain cycling kit. We will have a 50% off sale, all clothing and components starting now and offers (no matter how cheeky) considered for the bikes we have up there as well
- The Girona Cyling festival – We will now try to reschedule the festival for later on in the year to make sure our guests can make it safely. Stand by for the new dates asap.
- Bike Breaks – We will be offering free guided rides all May, June and July for new group bookings and those who can transfer their existing bookings (as travel conditions permit) For those who know Josep know he is the best there is and I want to make sure he remains employed…!
- 50 % off all bike rentals all summer long
- Daily shop rides for free
- Happy hour shopping at Bike Breaks, 50% off everything in the shop.
- Half price airport transfers
We really hope that people will be able to travel again soon and make it back to the incredible place that Girona is and we will bend over backwards to make sure the trip will be the best ever !