Bike Protection Insurance
We offer optional bike protection insurance that can be purchased at the time of booking or at any time before you collect your rental bike.
1. WHAT’S INCLUDED
Bike protection covers the cost of the repair or replacement of bike parts in case of a minor accident.
This includes damage to the bikes paintwork, components, wheels, tyres, etc. to a value of 250€.
2. WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- We cannot insure you against theft, total loss of the bike, major crash damage.
- No 3rd party liability cover.
- Punctures (inner tubes 5€).
- Cost of repairs past the 250€ excess.
- Road side assistance or pick up.
- Any medical costs incurred.
(NOTE: it is important to remember in Spain clients MUST carry proof of medical insurance and ID when cycling).
3. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Customer agrees to return the rental bike in UNDAMAGED condition to avoid any ADDITIONAL charges for repair, maintenance or replacement. If damage is incurred, this must be reported to Bike Breaks staff immediately. Customer accepts full responsibility for care of the equipment while under his/her possession.
ALL accessories provided with the rental bike are to be returned as per specifications set forth.
Damaged parts or components or missing accessories will be repaired/replaced and customer agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced if no cover has been purchased.
If you have obtained a bike protection policy, this will NOT cover negligent behaviour or improper use, included, but not limited to:
- Intentional damage.
- Any failure to adhere to all Bike Breaks general terms and conditions for rental bikes.
- Theft of bike left unattended or not securely locked.
- Theft or loss of accessories.
- Failure to correctly follow the traffic laws or rules.