BIKE BREAKS, the Girona Cycle Centre is operated and owned by the husband and wife team of Dave and Saskia who live in Girona with their daughter Holly. They both fell in love with the area and have lived here for many years, providing mountain bike holidays, road bike holidays, touring bike trips and guiding services in Spain. Both are avid riders and qualified guides and regularly compete in both local cross country races and European cup downhill marathon competitions.
Their aim; to create a 'one stop shop' of services and information for visiting cyclists and local riders alike, anyone who wants to ride in the Girona area. From bike hire or equipment hire to all-in cycle holiday packages and everything in between… we can help.
Our shop has been created in a stunning building by the famous architect Rafael Masó in the centre of the medieval city in Girona.
From this location we offer a full range of services for all cyclists whatever type of cycling you are looking for, we offer bike breaks, bike rental and bike holidays for everyone.
We have a fully equipped bike workshop, a comprehensive range of maps and route guides, backed up by our extensive local knowledge. We have a fleet of hire bikes and in our shop we stock a variety of vital products for cyclists including spare inner tubes, energy drinks, bars and gels, clothing and more, helping to make your bike holiday smooth and easy.
We will try to answer ANY cycling-related question you have!!!
Who we are
General Manager DAVID WELCH, is a graduate of Kingston University London and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and is a qualified technical mountain bike leader. David has 10 years experience of working in the cycle travel industry, he has extensive guiding experience having lead groups on a vast range of tours, with clients of all levels and ages.
He has been racing for 20 years and currently races European cup downhill marathon in which he placed 17th in 2008, and 3rd in 2010 racing for the Bike Breaks team.
Canadian professional rider DOMINIQUE ROLLIN who currently rides for the French FDJ BigMat road team has chosen to make Girona his permanent base for several years. Dominique, a partner, works with us at Bike Breaks on the development of new routes and ensures that our products are an accurate reflection of the life of a world tour rider living in Girona.
NEIL MARTIN is a former Professional rider and Olympian, competing in the 1984 Moscow games. Neil has been riding and competing for over 30 years and has a vast wealth of experience as a rider and racer. He has been living in Girona for many years and guides for us here leading groups of road riders from the city. He has also helped us to develop our new range of Girona cyclng trips and training holidays in Girona.
- The Girona Cycle Centre works with local organisations who campaign for better infrastructure for cyclists
- The Girona Cycle Centre writes its own range of dedicated cycle route guides for mountain bike, road bike and touring bike.
- The Girona Cycle Centre works with local hotels and attractions helping to accommodate the cyclists.
- The Girona Cycle Centre provides high quality mountain bike holidays, road bike holidays and touring bike holidays for clients from all over the world and for riders of all levels.
- The Girona Cycle Centre supports local teams.
- The Girona Cycle Centre operates the ´back of the shed´ scheme aiming to encourage more riders to get out on their bikes.
- The GironaCycle Centre works with the local organisation ‘Consorci de les Vies Verdes’ to help promote the ´Carrilet´ Greenways cycle path.